See the listing here (text from listing is also below):
Today’s Future Sound, is an internationally renowned Bay Area non-profit that uses music production and media arts to empower youth as artists and community members while fostering their well-being as individuals.
At Today’s Future Sound, we believe in the power of music to transform and inspire youth to create positive change in their lives and communities. We view our work as having educational, therapeutic and social components that can empower individuals to build confidence, inspire creativity, and create change. Today’s Future Sound (TFS) is a fiscal project of Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation, a 501c3 based in Oakland, CA. TFS teaches music production, beat making, and DJ’ing to youth and the general public in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. These services are offered in schools during the school day, after school, and in community settings, both in Oakland/the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as on national basis in the United States and internationally. Such activities are used as educational, artistic and therapeutic/wellness interventions primarily targeting under-served populations. As an Oakland-based organization, TFS focuses on uplifting, inspiring and empowering the youth of Oakland. For more info, check us out at http://www.todaysfuturesound.org/about/
We at TFS are looking for a creative, e-savvy individual with a sharp eye for design & style as a voluntary digital marketing intern for a 6-month internship. The intern in this role will work on extremely fun yet highly professional integrated social, event, and email marketing campaigns. TFS leadership is committed to providing mentorship to help this intern grow their professional experience, further develop their digital skill set, and expand their network to support future goals. We are looking to put this level of investment into a motivated, dedicated person that is passionate about our cause. If all this sounds like you, then please apply now!
- Firmly commit 10-15 hours per week to Today’s Future Sound for 6-month internship.
- Design creative materials in Photoshop (Illustrator/comparable creative suites) and other interesting content to engage followers and drive community-building via social media.
- Write copy, proof, organize creative, and schedule delivery of email newsletters, social posts, blog posts, etc.
- Help manage marketing campaigns across email, website, & social channels to support event attendance, donation drives, and overall awareness.
- Basic website management (event calendar, minor edits, update brand imagery, etc.).
- Passionate about organization’s mission and creating content around it.
- Interest in social justice and knowledge/respect of Hip Hop culture.
- Must have strong experience with Photoshop (or other comparable photo suites).
- Firm grasp of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, Hoot Suite, and Mailchimp a major plus.
- Experience with creative writing, blogging, etc also a plus.
Areas you will learn and grow your experience
- Digital marketing strategy for professional, organized campaigns.
- Designing original material (i.e. flyers, album covers, & other creative content).
- Non-Profit Fundraising.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Event Marketing.
- Copy Writing & Blogging.
- Hands-on experience with various digital marketing tools.
If interested, please provide below info to apply:
- Resume & a short cover letter outlining your strengths as a candidate and areas in which you are most eager to learn.
- Number of hours you can firmly commit to weekly.
- Any examples of any graphic design work.
- Any social media work or otherwise you have created (any social media acct, blog, marketing campaigns you have worked on, etc.)
- Your social media inspirations. 5 Links to any accounts that you admire or influence your style.
- 2 references (will not contact without prior notice)
How to apply
Please send email titled “Social Media/Design Intern” to email@example.com with the items mentioned in listing above: resume, short cover letter, # of hours you can firmly commit to weekly, references, examples of any social media/graphic design work and your social media inspirations.